Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul Cemetery in NormandyAdd to Lightbox Download
Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul still maintain their cemetery on the grounds of their old Motherhouse and Provincialate at Marillac in Normandy. The first burials took place in 1930, when three were relocated to Marillac from Calvary Cemetery. These were the first secretary of the province, the first procuratrix, and the first Provincial Director, who is buried in the mortuary chapel. The small cemetery with ordered rows of stone cut crosses surround the chapel where rests the Daughter's second Director; and two Chaplains. There is a small monument at the west end of the cemetery commemorates those Sisters buried elsewhere and those who have donated their bodies to science. The cemetery is located between the University of Missouri, St. Vincent's County Park and the Daughter's former St. Vincent's Hospital which is now Castle Park Apartments.
- lisa a. johnston | aeternus design
- Image Size
- 4258x2833 / 12.0MB
- Contained in galleries